Warren County, Georgia
Genealogy, History & Facts
Warren County, Georgia Facts
When was Warren County, GA Created?
Warren County was established on December 19, 1793 from Columbia County, Hancock County, Richmond County, and Wilkes County (portions of Warren County were used to create Jefferson County in 1796, Taliaferro County in 1825, and McDuffie County in 1870).
Warren County, GA Vital Records
Where can find Warren County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Warren County vital records can be found at the Georgia Department of Health which has copies for copies of birth and death records since Jan 1919, copies of marriage since June 9, 1952 to 1996 and a Divorce records index since June 9, 1952. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Georgia for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Warren County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for copies of Warren Co. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Warren County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Georgia Marriage Project
- Georgia, Births and Christenings, 1754-1960
- Marriage Records from Microfilm
- Georgia Marriages, 1699-1944
- Georgia Marriages to 1850
- Georgia Marriages, 1851-1900
- Georgia, Marriages, 1808-1967
- Georgia Death Certificates, 1919-1927
- Georgia Non-Indexed Death Certificates, 1928-1930
- Georgia Deaths, 1914-1927
- Georgia Deaths, 1928-1930
- Georgia, Death Index, 1933-1998
- Georgia Deaths, 1919-98
- Georgia, Deaths Index, 1914-1927
Warren County, GA Census Records
What Warren County, GA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Warren County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Warren County Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Warren County Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren County Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren County Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890.
Warren County, GA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Warren County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Warren County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Georgia courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Georgia residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Warren County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Georgia Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Warren County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 100 Main St, Warrenton, GA 30828
- Phone: (706) 465-2171
- A Look at the History of Warren Co. Courthouse in Georgia
- Warren County Clerk of Superior Court
- Phone: (706) 465-2262
- Land Records: 1796
- Court Records: 1794
- Warren County Clerk of Probate Court
- Phone: 706 -465- 2227
- Marriage Records: 1794
- Probate Records: 1794
- Georgia, Wills and Probate Records, 1742-1992
- County Tax Digests
- County Records Microfilm Index
- Inventory of the county archives of Georgia
- BLM Land Records
Warren County, GA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Warren County, GA?
A list of Warren County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Georgia Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies.
- Warren County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 47, 103 Memorial Drive, Warrenton, GA 30828
- East Georgia Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 117, Winder, GA 30680
- Georgia State Archives – 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260; 678.364.3700
- Georgia Historical Society, 501 Whitaker Street, Savannah, GA 31401
- Georgia Genealogical Society , P.O. Box 54574, Atlanta, Georgia 30308-0575
Where can I connect with other Warren County, GA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Georgia Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Georgia State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Warren County, Georgia Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Warren County
- Warren County, Georgia Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Warren County, GA?
The following links to Genealogy Resources associated to Warren County. These links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is basically a list that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.