Lincoln County, Georgia
Genealogy, History & Facts
Lincoln County, Georgia Facts
When was Lincoln County, GA Created?
Lincoln County was established on February 20, 1796 from Wilkes County.
Lincoln County, GA Vital Records
Where can find Lincoln County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Lincoln County vital records can be found at the Georgia Department of Health which has copies for copies of birth and death records since Jan 1919, copies of marriage since June 9, 1952 to 1996 and a Divorce records index since June 9, 1952. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Georgia for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Lincoln County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for copies of Lincoln Co. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Lincoln County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Georgia Marriage Project
- Georgia, Births and Christenings, 1754-1960
- Marriage Records from Microfilm
- Georgia Marriages, 1699-1944
- Georgia Marriages to 1850
- Georgia Marriages, 1851-1900
- Georgia, Marriages, 1808-1967
- Georgia Death Certificates, 1919-1927
- Georgia Non-Indexed Death Certificates, 1928-1930
- Georgia Deaths, 1914-1927
- Georgia Deaths, 1928-1930
- Georgia, Death Index, 1933-1998
- Georgia Deaths, 1919-98
- Georgia, Deaths Index, 1914-1927
Lincoln County, GA Census Records
What Lincoln County, GA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Lincoln County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Lincoln County Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Lincoln County Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lincoln County Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lincoln County Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890.
Lincoln County, GA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Lincoln County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Lincoln County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Georgia courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Georgia residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Lincoln County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Georgia Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Lincoln County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 210 Humphrey Street, Lincolnton, Georgia 30817
- Phone: (706) 359-4444
- A Look at the History of Lincoln Co. Courthouse in Georgia
- Lincoln County Clerk of Superior Court
- Phone: 706-359-5505
- Land Records: 1796
- Court Records: 1796
- Lincoln County Clerk of Probate Court
- Phone: 706-359-5528
- Marriage Records: 1796
- Probate Records: 1796
- Georgia, Wills and Probate Records, 1742-1992
- County Tax Digests
- County Records Microfilm Index
- Inventory of the county archives of Georgia
- BLM Land Records
Lincoln County, GA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Lincoln County, GA?
A list of Lincoln County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Georgia Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies.
- Lincoln County Historical Society, 147 Lumber Street, PO Box 869, Lincolnton, GA 30817; (706) 359-1031
- East Georgia Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 117, Winder, GA 30680
- Georgia State Archives – 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260; 678.364.3700
- Georgia Historical Society, 501 Whitaker Street, Savannah, GA 31401
- Georgia Genealogical Society , P.O. Box 54574, Atlanta, Georgia 30308-0575
Where can I connect with other Lincoln County, GA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Georgia Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Georgia State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Lincoln County, Georgia Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Lincoln County
- Lincoln County, Georgia Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Lincoln County, GA?
The following links to Genealogy Resources associated to Lincoln County. These links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is basically a list that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.