Osceola County, Florida
Genealogy, History & Facts
Osceola County, Florida Facts
When was Osceola County, FL Created?
Osceola County was created on May 12, 1887 from Brevard County and Orange County. This county was named for Osceola (1804–1838), a leader of the Seminole during the Second Seminole War.
What cities and towns are in Osceola County, FL?
Cities and towns located in the County include Kissimmee, St. Cloud.
Osceola County, FL Vital Records
Where can find Osceola County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Osceola County vital records can be found at the Florida Office of Vital Records which has copies of Birth & Deaths reported 1917 to present and Divorce & Marriages since June 6, 1927. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Florida for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Osceola County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Florida Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the Osceola County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Florida Marriage Project
- Florida Marriage Collection, 1822-1875 and 1927-2001
- Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001
- Florida Marriages, 1822-1850
- Florida Marriages, 1830-1993
- Florida Marriages, 1837-1974
- Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
- Florida Deaths and Burials, 1900-1921
- Florida Deaths, 1877-1939
Osceola County, FL Census Records
What Osceola County, FL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Osceola County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Osceola Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890.
There are Florida State censuses from 1867, 1875, 1885, 1935, 1945. You can get free downloadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Florida Census Records Research Guide
Osceola County, FL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Osceola County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Osceola County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Florida Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Osceola County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 2 Courthouse Square, Suite 2000, Kissimmee, FL 34741
- Osceola County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Phone: (407) 742-3500
- Marriage Records: 1887
- Land Records: 1887
- Probate Records: 1887
- Court Records: 1887
- Osceola County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Florida Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Osceola County, FL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Osceola County, FL?
A list of Osceola County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Florida Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Osceola County Historical Society, 750 N Bass Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Osceola County Dept. of Genealogical Research, 326 Eastern Ave., St. Cloud, FL 32769
- Genealogy Club of Osceola County, PO Box 701295, St. Cloud, FL 34770-1295
- Florida Dept of State Div of Library & Bureau of Archives & Records Management, 500 S. Bronough St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
- Florida State Genealogical Society, PO Box 10249, Tallahassee, FL 32302-2249
- Florida Historical Society 1320 Highland Ave, Melbourne, FL 32935
Where can I connect with other Osceola County, FL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Florida Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Florida State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Osceola County, Florida Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Osceola County, Florida Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Osceola County, FL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Osceola County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is just a directory which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.