Teller County, Colorado
Genealogy, History & Facts
Teller County, Colorado Facts
When was Teller County, CO Created?
Teller County was established on March 23, 1899 from El Paso County and Fremont County.
What is the County Seat of Teller County, CO?
The County Seat is located in Cripple Creek and the county government website is http://www.co.teller.co.us/
What counties are adjacent to Teller County, CO?
Bordering Counties are Douglas County, Jefferson County, El Paso County, Fremont County, Park County.
Teller County, CO Vital Records
Where can find Teller County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Teller County vital records can be found at the Colorado Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Colorado for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Teller County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Colorado Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Teller County, CO Census Records
What Teller County, CO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Teller County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Teller County, CO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Teller County, CO?
A list of Teller County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Colorado Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
Teller County, CO Courthouse and Government Records
Teller County Courthouse
What genealogical records can I find in the Teller County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Teller County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Colorado courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Colorado residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Teller County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Colorado Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Teller County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 101 W Bennett Ave, Cripple Creek, CO 80813
- Phone: (719) 689-2574
- Teller County Clerk & Recorder
- Marriage Records: 1899
- Land Records: 1899
- Teller County Clerk of Courts
- Probate Records: 1899
- Court Records: 1899
- Teller County Public Health Department
- Birth / Death Records: 1904 / 1902–08 ; Incomplete. County death records are separate and extant from those kept by the city of Cripple Creek, which were lost by fire.
Where can I connect with other Teller County, CO Researchers through message boards and forums?
What other genealogical resources are available in Teller County, CO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Teller County.
Teller Co. CO Books, Newspapers & Publications
Teller Co. CO Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- Colorado Divorce Records, Various Sources 1851 - 2004 (archives.com) Various Public Records Sources
- Colorado Marriage Records 1975 - 2004 (archives.com) Colorado State Public Record Offices
- Colorado, Statewide Divorce Index, 1900-1939 (familysearch.org) Colorado Department of Health card index of divorces in Colorado from 1900-1939. The index is arranged in alphabetical order.
- Colorado, Statewide Marriage Index, 1900-1939 (familysearch.org) Card index created by the Division of Vital Statistics, Department of Health in Colorado. The index is arranged alphabetically by groom's name providing county, names of husband and wife, age, race, date and place of marriage, certificate number.
Teller Co. CO Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Teller Co. CO Census Records
Teller Co. CO Cemeteries & Church Records
Teller Co. CO Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Teller Co. CO General and History Websites
Teller Co. CO Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Teller Co. CO Military Records
Teller Co. CO Schools & Directories
- Colorado City Directories (search.ancestry.com) This database is a collection of city directories for various years and cities in Colorado. Generally a city directory will contain an alphabetical list of its citizens, listing the names of the heads of households, their addresses, and occupational information. Sometimes the wife's name will be listed in parentheses or italics following the husband's. Often, dates of deaths of individuals listed in the previous year's directory are listed as well as the names of partners of firms, and when possible, the forwarding addresses or post offices of people who moved to another town. In addition to the alphabetical portion, a city directory may also contain a business directory, street directory, governmental directory, and listings of town officers, schools, societies, churches, post offices, and other miscellaneous matters of general and local interest.
- Cripple Creek District directory, 1900 (search.ancestry.com)
- The Colorado state business directory: 1876, 1879, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1887-8, 1889, 1890, 1894, 1896, 1899, 1900, 1901, 1903, 1906, 1909, 1910, 1920, 1921, 1923 (search.ancestry.com)