Mississippi County, Arkansas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Mississippi County, Arkansas Facts
When was Mississippi County, AR Created?
Mississippi County was established on November 1, 1833 and was formed from Crittenden County.
What counties are adjacent to Mississippi County, AR?
Bordering Counties are Dunklin County, Missouri, Pemiscot County, Missouri, Dyer County, Tennessee, Lauderdale County, Tennessee, Tipton County, Tennessee, Crittenden County, Poinsett County, Craighead County.
Mississippi County, AR Vital Records
Where can find Mississippi County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Mississippi County vital records can be found at the Arkansas Deptartment of Health has Birth & Death records since February 1, 1914, Marriage Records since January 1917 and Divorce Records since January 1923. You may go to the Mississippi County health department to obtain a Birth or Death certificates which can be issued while you wait. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Arkansas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Mississippi County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for copies of Mississippi Co. Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Divorce Certificates, Death Certificates to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Arkansas Marriage Project
- Arkansas Births and Christenings, 1880-1893
- Arkansas Marriages, 1837-1944
- Arkansas Divorce Index, 1923-1939
- Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957
- Arkansas Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages to 1850
- Arkansas Marriages, 1779-1992
- Arkansas, Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages, 1820-1949
- Arkansas Marriages, 1851-1900
- Arkansas Death Index, 1914-1950
Mississippi County, AR Census Records
What Mississippi County, AR census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Mississippi County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
Mississippi Co. Slave Schedules can be acquired for 1850 & 1860. Mississippi Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Mississippi Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Mississippi Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free online and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Arkansas Census Records Research Guide
Mississippi County, AR Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Mississippi County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Mississippi County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Arkansas courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Arkansas residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Mississippi County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Arkansas Corthouse Records Research Guide.
All County Offices Records are located in the Courthouse at 200 West Walnut Street, Blytheville 72315 or 200 West Hale Avenue, Osceola 72370; 870-763-3212, unless otherwise noted.
Mississippi County, AR Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Mississippi County, AR?
A list of Mississippi County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Arkansas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Mississippi County Historical & Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 483, Osceola, AR 72370
- Mississippi County Community College, P.O. Box 1109, Blytheville, AR 72316-1109
- Arkansas History Commission, One Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201; 501.682.6900
- Arkansas Genealogical Society, 1411 Shady Grove Road, P.O. Box 908, Hot Springs, AR 71902-0908
- Arkansas Historical Association, 416 Old Main, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701; 479-575-5884
Where can I connect with other Mississippi County, AR Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Arkansas Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Arkansas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Mississippi County, Arkansas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Mississippi County
- Mississippi County, Arkansas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Mississippi County, AR?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Mississippi County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is merely a list which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.