Conway County, Arkansas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Conway County, Arkansas Facts
When was Conway County, AR Created?
Conway County was established on October 20, 1825 and was formed from Pulaski County.
What is the County Seat of Conway County, AR?
The County Seat is located in Morrilton. Cadron was first named the seat of government until 1873 when Lewisburg (later renamed Morrilton) was designated. In addition the county government website is www.arcounties.org/
Conway County, AR Vital Records
Where can find Conway County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Conway County vital records can be found at the Arkansas Deptartment of Health has Birth & Death records since February 1, 1914, Marriage Records since January 1917 and Divorce Records since January 1923. You may go to the Conway County health department to obtain a Birth or Death certificates which can be issued while you wait. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Arkansas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Conway County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for copies of Conway Co. Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Divorce Certificates, Death Certificates to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Arkansas Marriage Project
- Arkansas Births and Christenings, 1880-1893
- Arkansas Marriages, 1837-1944
- Arkansas Divorce Index, 1923-1939
- Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957
- Arkansas Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages to 1850
- Arkansas Marriages, 1779-1992
- Arkansas, Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages, 1820-1949
- Arkansas Marriages, 1851-1900
- Arkansas Death Index, 1914-1950
Conway County, AR Census Records
What Conway County, AR census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Conway County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
Conway Co. Slave Schedules can be acquired for 1850 & 1860. Conway Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Conway Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Conway Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free online and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Arkansas Census Records Research Guide
Conway County, AR Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Conway County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Conway County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Arkansas courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Arkansas residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Conway County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Arkansas Corthouse Records Research Guide.
All County Offices Records are located in the Courthouse at 117 South Moose Street, Morrilton 72110; 501-354-9640, unless otherwise noted.
- Conway County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Phone: (501) 354-9617
- Court Records: 1842
- Land Records: 1825
- Conway County Clerk
- Phone: (501) 354-9621
- Marriage Records: 1851
- Probate Records: 1837
- BLM Land Records
Conway County, AR Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Conway County, AR?
A list of Conway County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Arkansas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- River Valley Genealogy Society, P.O. Box 830, Morrilton, AR 72110
- Conway County Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 865, Morrilton, AR 72110
- Arkansas History Commission, One Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201; 501.682.6900
- Arkansas Genealogical Society, 1411 Shady Grove Road, P.O. Box 908, Hot Springs, AR 71902-0908
- Arkansas Historical Association, 416 Old Main, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701; 479-575-5884
Where can I connect with other Conway County, AR Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Arkansas Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Arkansas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Conway County, Arkansas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Conway County
- Conway County, Arkansas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Conway County, AR?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Conway County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is merely a list which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.