Pima County, Arizona
Pima County was established on December 15, 1864.
Areas neighboring Pima County actually are Yuma County, Maricopa County, Pinal County, Graham County, Cochise County, Santa Cruz County, Altar, Sonora, Mexico, Caborca, Sonora, Mexico, Plutarco Elías Calles, Sonora, Mexico, Sáric, Sonora, Mexico.
Pima County vital records can be found at the Arizona Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Arizona for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Pima County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Arizona Birth Certificate and Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Pima County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1870, 1880, 1890 (fragment, see below), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
Pima Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1870 and 1880. Pima Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1870 and 1880. Pima Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free online and also printable census forms to aid with your research.
Pima County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Pima County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Arizona Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Arizona State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Ajo Historical Society, 160 S Mission Rd, Ajo, AZ 85321; Phone:(520) 387-7105
- Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society, Arizona State Museum, 1013 E. University Boulevard, University of Arizona P.O. Box 210026, Tucson, AZ 85721-0026
- Arizona Historical Society— Southern Division/Tucson, 949 E. Second Street, Tucson, Arizona 85719, (520) 628-5774
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, 2021 N. Kinney Rd. Tucson, AZ 85473-8918; (520) 883-1380
- Green Valley Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 1009, Green Valley, AZ 85622-1009
- Pima Air and Space Museum, 6000 East Valencia Road Tucson, AZ 85706; (520) 574-0462
- Saddlebrooke Genealogy Club, 38418 S. Golf Course Dr., Tucson, AZ 85739-1113
- Sun City Vistoso Genealogical Society, 13763 N. Buster Spring Way, Tucson AZ 85737-4717
- Titan Missile Museum, 1580 W. Duval Mine Rd., Sahuarita, Arizona; 520.625.7736
- Tucson Rodeo Parade Museum, P.O. Box 1788, 4823 S. 6th Avenue, Tucson AZ 85702 (520) 294-1280
- Western National Parks Association, 12880 North Vistoso Village Dr. Tucson, AZ 85737; 520-622-1999
- Pima County, Arizona Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Pima County, Arizona Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Pima County (usgwarchives.net)
Pima County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the benefits of Pima County court, probate, and land records as a useful resource of family history and genealogy details. Hidden away in Arizona courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the aspirations and frustrations of the many Arizona people. The possibilities are excellent that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least some factors of their lives in the Pima County court records. Even if your forebears is not brought up in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which often can have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
- Pima County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 110 W Congress St, Tucson, AZ 85701
- Phone: (520) 740-3200
- Pima County Clerk of Superior Court
- Marriage and Divorce Records: 1872
- Probate Records: 1864
- Court Records: 1864
- Pima County Recorder
- Land Records: 1866
Pima County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Pima County. Feel free to furnish your own favorite Pima County genealogy or family history associated sites.