Ferry County, Washington
Ferry County was founded on February 21, 1899 from Stevens County. The county was named in honor of Elisha P. Ferry (1825–1895), 1st Governor of Washington State.
The Ferry County Seat is situated in Republic and the county government website is http://www.ferry-county.com/
Locations bordering Ferry County are Stevens County (east), Lincoln County (southwest), Okanogan County (west).
Cities and towns found in Ferry County consists of Inchelium, Republic
The region where the county is located was first visited by Canadian trappers in the early
nineteenth century. In 1872 the Colville Indian Reservation was established
encompassing over one-half of the county. The gold rush of the 1890s brought
permanent settlers to the region. Today lumber, mining and agriculture are the county’s major economic
Ferry County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Ferry County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Ferry County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in researching your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules exist for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. You'll find free down loadable in addition to printable census forms that can help with your research.
Ferry County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Ferry County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- RAOGK Volunteers for Washington (raogk.org)
- Washington Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives, 960 Washington Street, Cheney, Washington 99004; Telephone: (509)235-7508. On the campus of Eastern Washington University in Cheney
- Colville Keller Tribal Resources Center, Keller, WA 99140. Phone 509-634-2802.
- Inchelium Tribal Resource Center, PO Box 156, Inchelium, WA 99138. Phone 509-722-7037. Fax 509-722-7040.
- Ferry County Museum, Republic Historical Center,
Republic, WA 99166.
- Stonerose Fossil Museum, Republic Historical Center, Republic, WA
- Ferry County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Ferry County
- Ferry County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Ferry County
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Ferry County (usgwarchives.net)
Ferry County Courthouse and Government Records
Ferry County Courthouse
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Ferry County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Ferry County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The below specifics denotes exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records will be in Ferry County. The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
Please make sure to speak to the clerk's department to confirm hours, mailing address, fees and other details prior to visiting or seeking information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH
. The documents are accessible to interested parties, barring private issues. A lot of workers will help individuals in finding the resources, however it is up to the man or women to complete the research. Although originally held in the county seat, many county land, probate, and court records have been transferred to the state archive's regional branches.
- Ferry County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 350 E Delaware, Republic WA 99166
- Courthouse hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Ferry County Auditor has many responsibilities which include the recording of real property documents such as deeds and other recorded documents, issuing various licenses such as marriage liscense.
- Birth and Death Records: 1899 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1900
- Land Records: 1898
- Ferry County Clerk is the administrator of the Superior Court Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is responsible for keeping the permanent records of all cases filed in Superior Court. The type of cases filed are felony criminal cases, civil lawsuits, petitions for protection from domestic violence, family law matters (dissolutions 3rd Party Custody, parenting plans, modifications) probates, guardianships, Last Will & Testaments, paternities, adoptions and mental commitments.
- Court Records: 1899
- Probate Records: 1899
- Ferry County Treasurer is the property tax collector for the County. Property Taxes are levied on the property by the various taxing authorities based on the valuation and current property usage as set by the Assessor's Office.
- The Northeast Tri County Health District can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait.
Ferry County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Ferry County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Ferry County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.
Ferry Co. WA Books, Newspapers & Publications
Ferry Co. WA Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Ferry Co. WA Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
- See Also Washington Court & Tax, Land and Probate Records
- Order County Court, Civil or Criminal Records Online
- Washington, County Records, 1856-2009 (familysearch.org) Collection of various records including vital, probate, school, tax, naturalization and other records.
- Washington, County Land Records, 1850-1954 (familysearch.org)
- Washington, County Probate Case Files, 1832-1950 (familysearch.org)
- Washington, County Probate Records, 1853-1929 (familysearch.org)
- BLM Land Records (glorecords.blm.gov)
Ferry Co. WA Census Records
Ferry Co. WA Church & Cemeteries
Ferry Co. WA Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Ferry Co. WA General and History Websites
Ferry Co. WA Immigration & Naturalization
Ferry Co. WA Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Ferry Co. WA Military Records
Ferry Co. WA Schools & Directories