Robertson County, Tennessee
Robertson County, Tennessee Facts
When was Robertson County, TN Created?
Robertson County was founded on April 9, 1796 from Tennessee County and Sumner County. This county was named in honor of James Robertson (1742–1814), Tennessee state legislator and founder of the Watauga Settlements.
What is the County Seat of Robertson County, TN?
The County Seat of government is located in Springfield also, the county government website is www.robertsoncountytn.org .
What counties are adjacent to Robertson County, TN?
Bordering counties are Logan County, Kentucky (north), Simpson County, Kentucky (northeast), Sumner County (east), Davidson County (south), Cheatham County (southwest), Montgomery County (west) and Todd County, Kentucky (northwest) .
What cities and towns are in Robertson County, TN?
Cities and towns located in the county include Adams, Cedar Hill, Coopertown, Cross Plains, Greenbrier, Millersville, Orlinda, Springfield, White House, Ridgetop .
Robertson County Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Robertson County Courthouse?
Robertson County Courthouse
The following information and facts indicates whatever birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and courtroom records will be in Robertson County or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The dates indicated below could be the first widely known documents for this county.
Please get in touch with the clerk's office to affirm hours, mailing address, fees and other specifics before visiting or requesting information because of in some cases changing contact details. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The records are accessible to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A lot of workers will guide individuals in obtaining the resources, however it's up to the individual to complete the basic research.
- Robertson County Clerk maintains Marriage & Divorce records. It also has jurisdiction over probate cases. Wills, administrations, and all other records pertaining to probate are recorded in the respective county clerk's office. If the will or administration was contested, the records of these actions may be filed in the circuit court or chancery court.
- Address: 511 S. Brown St., Springfield, TN 37172
- Phone: (615) 384-5895
- Marriage Records: 1839
- Probate Records:1796
- Robertson County Register of Deeds has land records beginning with county organization, land records are available from the register of deeds at the Sevier county courthouse. Land and property records include transfer of real estate or personal property, mortgages, leases, surveys, and entries.
- Address: 525 South Brown Street, Springfield, TN 37172
- Phone: (615) 384-3772
- Land & Deed Records:1796
- Robertson County Clerk of Circuit Court has jurisdiction over property disputes, and circuit courts oversee criminal cases, divorces, and adoptions. Early courts included courts of common pleas and quarter sessions.
- Address: 109 Robertson County Courthouse 501 South Main Street, Springfield, TN 37172
- Phone: 615-384-7864
- Chancery Court Minutes: 1844
- Circuit Court Minutes: 1832
- County Court Minutes: 1796
- Robertson County Property Assessor is responsible for the evaluation of all real property, the cadastral mapping of the county, valuation of all business personal property and maintaining ownership records. The property assessor prepares the tax rolls for the trustee and all the municipalities. Tax lists can be used to locate families, document historic properties and study community history. Early tax lists generally include all white males over 21 and indicate whether they owned land or slaves.
- Address: 521 S. Brown St., Springfield, TN 37172
- Phone: (615) 384-4311
- Tax Records: 1812, 1836, 1837, 1867-1872, 1877-1880, 1883, 1884 (located at the Tennessee State Library and Archives)
- Robertson County Health Department, 8 00 South Brown St., Springfield, TN 37172-2920; (615) 384-0208 , issues birth certificates and death certificates (deaths which occurred in that county within the past three years, and a few county health departments keep death records for longer periods of time).
Where can find Robertson County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Robertson County vital records can be found at the Tennessee Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for copies of birth certificates, marriage licenses and divorce decrees. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Tennessee for current fees and application process.
Marriage license records are available from the county clerk who issued the marriage license. Court divorce orders may be obtained from the clerk of the court that granted the divorce.
You can search online for Robertson County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Tennessee Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificates to mail.
What Robertson County, TN census records are available?
Federal Population Schedules for Robertson County can be found for 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Robertson Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Robertson Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Robertson Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. The Slave Schedules exist for 1850 & 1860. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research.
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Robertson County, TN?
- Robertson County Archives, 504 S. Willow St ., Springfield , TN 37172;
Phone: (615) 382-6928
- The Robertson County Historical Society & Museum, 124 6th Avenue West, P.O. Box 1022, Springfield, TN 37172; (615)382-7173
- Gorham MacBane Public Library, 405 White Street, Springfield, TN 37172 615-384-5123
Robertson County Genealogy Resources
Where can I connect with other Robertson County, TN Researchers through message boards and forums?
What other genealogical resources are available in Robertson County, TN?
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Robertson County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is merely a collection which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to suggest your own most popular Robertson County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.
Robertson Co. TN Books, Newspapers & Publications
Robertson Co. TN Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Robertson Co. TN Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Robertson Co. TN Census Records
Robertson Co. TN Cemeteries & Church Records
Robertson Co. TN Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Robertson Co. TN General and History Websites
Robertson Co. TN Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Robertson Co. TN Military Records