Trumbull County, Ohio
Genealogy, History & Facts
Trumbull County, Ohio Facts
When was Trumbull County, OH Created?
Trumbull County was created on July 10, 1800 from Jefferson County and Wayne County. This county was named for Jonathan Trumbull (1710-1785), Governor of Connecticut when the county was organized .
What is the County Seat of Trumbull County, OH?
The County Seat is located in Warren also, the county government website is www.co.trumbull.oh.us/ .
What counties are adjacent to Trumbull County, OH?
Bordering Counties are Ashtabula County, Crawford County, Pennsylvaina, Mercer County, Pennsylvaina, Mahoning County, Portage County, Geauga County .
Trumbull County, OH Vital Records
Where can find Trumbull County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Trumbull County vital records can be found at the Ohio Department of Health which has Birth Records since Dec 20, 1908; Death Records since since 1954 and copies of Marriage and Divorce Records since 1918 to present There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Ohio for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Trumbull County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Ohio Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail. The Archives Division has copies of births before 1908, death before 1944 and marriage records before 1949.
- County Vital Records Held at the OHS
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Ohio Marriage Project
- Ohio, County Births, 1856-1909
- Ohio, Births and Christenings Index, 1800-1962
- Ohio, Births and Christenings, 1821-1962
- Ohio, Marriages, 1800-1958
- Ohio, County Marriages, 1790-1950
- Ohio Marriage Index, 1970, 1972-2007
- Ohio Marriages, 1803-1900
- Ohio Divorce Index, 1962-1963, 1967-1971, 1973-2007
- Ohio Death Certificate Index, 1913 – 1944
- Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953
- Ohio, Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007
- Ohio Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007
Trumbull County, OH Census Records
What Trumbull County, OH census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Trumbull County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1800 (destroyed), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Trumbull Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Trumbull Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Trumbull Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Ohio Census Records Research Guide
Trumbull County, OH Courthouse and Government Records
Trumbull County Courthouse
What genealogical records can I find in the Trumbull County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Trumbull County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Ohio courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Ohio residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Trumbull County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Ohio Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Trumbull County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 161 High St. NW, Warren, Ohio 44481
- Phone: 330-675-2521
- Trumbull County Clerk of Probate Court
- Address: 197 East Market Street, Warren, OH 44481
- Phone: (330) 299-0267
- Marriage Records: 1803
- Probate Records: 1803
- Trumbull County Recorder
- Phone: (330) 675-2401
- Land Records: 1795
- Trumbull County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas
- Address: 161 High Street, N.W., Warren, Ohio 44481
- Phone: (330) 675-2557
- Court Records: 1807
- Ohio, Wills and Probate Records, 1786-1998
- BLM Land Records
- Trumbull County USGenWeb Archives Project
Trumbull County, OH Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Trumbull County, OH?
A list of Trumbull County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Ohio Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Trumbull County Chapter, OGS, PO Box 309, Warren, OH 44482-0309; Phone: (330) 988-9634; Trumbull County Chapter, OGS meets at the Warren-Trumbull County Library in the Thomas Meeting Room, 444 Mahoning Ave., NW, Warren, OH on the second Tuesday of each month; morning meetings on even months at 10:00am, and evening meetings on odd months at 6:00pm. This OGS Chapter publishes material on Trumbull County
- Trumbull County Historical Society, PO Box 1907, Warren, OH 44482-1907; Phone: (330) 394-4653;
- Trumbull County Archives / Microfilm Department
- Bloomfield Township Historical Society,
PO Box 94,
North Bloomfield, OH 44450-0094; The North Bloomfield Historical Society is dedicated to the preservation work being done at their historic town hall. They also are committed to education of local history and to preserving historical structures in their community.
- Bristol Historical Society, 4934 State Route 45 NW, Bristolville, OH 44402-9656; Phone: (330) 889-2555; The Bristol Historical Society preserves and collects information and artifacts relating to Bristol Township.
- Brookfield Historical Society, 5709 Amy Boyle Rd NE, Brookfield, OH 44403-9737
- Brookfield Township Historical Society, 6844 Strimbu Dr NE, Brookfield, OH 44403-9526; Phone: (330) 448-4500
- Cortland-Bazetta Historical Society , 224 N High St, Cortland, OH 44410-0411; Phone: (330) 638-8606; The Bazetta Cortland Historical Society, in conjunction with the local convention and visitor's bureau, conducts bus tours to the Opera House that interprets the history of the area, the Opera House, and the Chickering Square piano. The tour is followed by a brief concert on the piano. The Viets House Museum is open weekends 1-4 pm or by appointment.
- Fowler Township Historical Society, 4384 Youngstown-Kingsville Rd NE, Cortland, OH 44410-9722; Phone: (330) 637-2006; The Fowler Township Historical Society has two buildings which house the Fowler Township museums and are focused on local history with many of the items displayed either being donated or on loan from Fowler families. The time period of these articles is roughly 1800 to 1950. Farm and home items from this period are featured.
- Girard Historical Society, 436 E Prospect St, Girard, OH 44420-2653; The Girard Historical Society is presently renovating the Barnhisel House.
- Hartford Township Historical Society, 4730 SR 7, Burghill, OH 44404-9762; Phone: (330) 772-4531;
- Howland Historical Society, 752 Laurelwood SE, Warren, OH 44484-2423; Phone: (330) 856-1115
- Hubbard Historical Society, 27 Hager St, Hubbard, OH 44425-2027; Phone: (330) 534-4247; The Hubbard Historical Society seeks to preserve the history of Hubbard City and Township. To promote and instill civic pride through collecting and preserving records, documents, and artifacts of interest concerning Hubbard's history. The maintenance and upkeep of the McBride House as a museum to display exhibits of historical items and documents.
- Kinsman Historical Society, 8426 State St, Kinsman, OH 44428-9703; Phone: (330) 876-3175; The Kinsman Historical Society maintains displays and reference material in the Local History Room of the Kinsman Public Library. It holds six meetings per year that are open to the public.
- Liberty Historical Society, 1207 Naylor-Lloyd Rd, Girard, OH 44420-1535; Phone: (330) 539-6591; The Liberty Historical Society has monthly tours to sites of interest within a 100-mile area. They are trying to get a home to use as their museum.
- Lordstown Historical Society, 5708 Palmyra Rd SW, Warren, OH 44481-9712; Phone: (330) 399-1627; The Lordstown Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history of Lordstown. The society operates the one room schoolhouse museum. The museum displays artifacts and memorabilia of Lordstown's schools and village.
- Niles Historical Society, 1040 Barclay St, Niles, OH 44446-3402; Phone: (330) 544-2143; The Niles Historical Society operates the Ward-Thomas House as its museum. Built in 1862 by area industrial leader James Ward, the House was listed on the National Register of Historical Places. They feature full size replicas of the White House Ladies gowns copied from the collection in the Smithsonian Museum.
- North Bloomfield Historical Society, 8528 SR 45, North Bloomfield, OH; Phone: (440) 685-4582
- Ohio Historical Society, Archives-Library Division, 1982 Velma Avenue, Columbus, OH 43211; Telephone: 614-297-2300
- Ohio Genealogical Society, 713 South Main Street, Mansfield OH 44907-1644
Where can I connect with other Trumbull County, OH Researchers through message boards and forums?
What other genealogical resources are available in Trumbull County, OH?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Trumbull County.
Trumbull Co. OH Books, Newspapers & Publications
Trumbull Co. OH Church / Bible Records & Cemeteries / Graveyards
Trumbull Co. OH Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Trumbull Co. OH General and History Websites
Trumbull Co. OH Immigration & Naturalization
Trumbull Co. OH Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Trumbull Co. OH Military Records
AlpineTrumbull Co. OH Schools & Directories