Trimble County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Trimble County, Kentucky Facts
When was Trimble County, KY Created?
Trimble County was created on February 9, 1837 from Henry County, Oldham County and Gallatin County. Currently the county was named in honor of Robert Trimble, Associate Supreme Court Justice (1826–1828) .
What is the County Seat of Trimble County, KY?
The County Seat is located in Bedford additionally, the county government website is www.trimblecounty.ky.gov
What counties are adjacent to Trimble County, KY?
Bordering Counties are Jefferson County, Indiana (north), Carroll County (east), Henry County (southeast), Oldham County (southwest), Clark County, Indiana (west).
What cities and towns are in Trimble County, KY?
Cities and towns located in the County include Bedford, Locust, Milton, Wise's Landing.
Trimble County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Trimble County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Trimble County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Trimble County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Trimble County, Kentucky Marriage Project
- Kentucky Vital Records Index - The vital records index data was obtained from the Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics in 1994 for a research project.
- Kentucky Social Security Death Index
- Kentucky Vital Records Project
- Kentucky, Births and Christenings, 1839-1960
- Kentucky Birth Records, 1852-1910
- Kentucky Birth Index, 1911-1999
- Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979
- Kentucky, County Marriages, 1797-1954
- Kentucky Marriage Index, 1973-1999
- Kentucky Marriage Records, 1852-1914
- Kentucky Marriages, 1851-1900
- Kentucky Marriages, 1802-1850
- Northern Kentucky Marriages, 1795-1850
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriages, 1797-1865
- Kentucky, Death Records, 1911-1955
- Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953
- Kentucky Death Index, 1911-2000
- Kentucky Obituaries, 1787-1854
- Kentucky Deaths and Burials, 1843-1970
Trimble County, KY Census Records
What Trimble County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Trimble County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Trimble Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Trimble Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Trimble Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Trimble Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Trimble County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
Trimble County Courthouse
What genealogical records can I find in the Trimble County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Trimble County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
PLEASE READ FIRST!!! Please call the clerk's department to confirm hours, mailing address, fees and other specifics before visiting or requesting information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring private issues. Many staff will guide individuals in locating the materials, however it's up to the person to carry out the research. Some records were lost in a courthouse fire in 1952.
- Trimbled County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: P.O. Box 262, Bedford, KY, 40006
- Phone: (502) 255-7045
- Marriage Records: 1837
- Land Records: 1837
- Probate Records: 1837
- Trimble County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Trimble County Courthouse, 30 Highway 42 E, P.O. Box 248, Bedford, KY 40006-0248
- Phone: (502) 255-3213
- Court Records: 1837
- Trimble County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Trimble County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Trimble County USGenWeb Archives Project
Trimble County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Trimble County, KY?
A list of Trimble County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Trimble County Historical Society, 5700 Montfort Lane, Crestwood KY 40014
Where can I connect with other Trimble County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- RAOGK Volunteers for Kentucky (raogk.org)
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Trimble County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Trimble County
- Trimble County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYTRIMBL. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in Trimble County, Kentucky. To subscribe send "subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
- KENTUCKIANA. A mailing list for genealogy research and information exchange in the Indiana counties of Clark, Crawford, Dubois, Floyd, Gibson, Harrison, Orange, Perry, Pike, Posey, Scott, Spencer, Warrick and Washington, and the Kentucky counties of Breckinridge, Bullitt, Carroll, Hardin, Jefferson, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble. This is a highly research structured list, chatroom atmosphere is discouraged. To subscribe send "subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode)
What other genealogical resources are available in Trimble County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Trimble County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.
Trimble Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Trimble Co. KY Church / Bible Records & Cemeteries / Graveyards
Trimble Co. KY General and History Websites
Trimble Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Trimble Co. KY Military Records