Boyle County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Boyle County, Kentucky Facts
When was Boyle County, KY Created?
Boyle County was created on February 15, 1842 from Lincoln County and Mercer County. Currently the county was named in honor of John Boyle, Chief Justice of the Kentucky Court of Appeals (1810–1826) .
What is the County Seat of Boyle County, KY?
The County Seat is located in Danville additionally, the county government website is www.boyleky.com
What counties are adjacent to Boyle County, KY?
Bordering Counties are Mercer County (north), Garrard County (east), Lincoln County (southeast), Casey County (south), Marion County (southwest), Washington County (northwest).
What cities and towns are in Boyle County, KY?
Cities and towns located in the County include Danville, Junction City, Perryville, Parksville .
Boyle County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Boyle County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Boyle County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Boyle County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Boyle County, Kentucky Marriage Project
- Kentucky Vital Records Index - The vital records index data was obtained from the Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics in 1994 for a research project.
- Kentucky Social Security Death Index
- Kentucky Vital Records Project
- Kentucky, Births and Christenings, 1839-1960
- Kentucky Birth Records, 1852-1910
- Kentucky Birth Index, 1911-1999
- Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979
- Kentucky, County Marriages, 1797-1954
- Kentucky Marriage Index, 1973-1999
- Kentucky Marriage Records, 1852-1914
- Kentucky Marriages, 1851-1900
- Kentucky Marriages, 1802-1850
- Northern Kentucky Marriages, 1795-1850
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriages, 1797-1865
- Kentucky, Death Records, 1911-1955
- Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953
- Kentucky Death Index, 1911-2000
- Kentucky Obituaries, 1787-1854
- Kentucky Deaths and Burials, 1843-1970
Boyle County, KY Census Records
What Boyle County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Boyle County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Boyle Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Boyle Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Boyle Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Boyle Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Boyle County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
Boyle County Courthouse
What genealogical records can I find in the Boyle County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Boyle County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
PLEASE READ FIRST!!! Please call the clerk's department to confirm hours, mailing address, fees and other specifics before visiting or requesting information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring private issues. Many staff will guide individuals in locating the materials, however it's up to the person to carry out the research. Some records were lost in a courthouse fire in 1860.
- Boyled County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: 321 West Main Street, Danville, KY, 40422
- Phone: (859) 238-1110
- Marriage Records: 1852
- Land Records: 1842
- Probate Records: 1842
- Boyle County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Boyle County Courthouse, 321 W. Main St., Danville, KY 40422
- Phone: (859) 239-7442
- Court Records: 1800
- Boyle County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Boyle County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Boyle County USGenWeb Archives Project
Boyle County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Boyle County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Boyle County Genealogical Association , P.O. Box 125, Parksville, KY 40464-0125
- Boyle County Public Library, Broadway &North Third Street, Danville; Phone: 859-236-8466
Where can I connect with other Boyle County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- RAOGK Volunteers for Kentucky (raogk.org)
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Boyle County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Boyle County
- Boyle County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYBOYLE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Boyle County, Kentucky. Interested individuals may want to check out the Boyle County KYGenWeb page. To subscribe send "subscribe" to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Central Kentucky including Boyle, Bullitt, Casey, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Hardin, Jackson, Jessamine, LaRue, Lincoln, Marion, Nelson, Russell, Taylor, and Powell Counties. The list also covers any central Kentucky area if the county is unknown. To subscribe send "subscribe" to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Boyle County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Boyle County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a payment. This is just a list that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own favorite genealogy or family history related sites.
Boyle Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Boyle Co. KY Church / Bible Records & Cemeteries / Graveyards
Boyle Co. KY General and History Websites
Boyle Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Boyle Co. KY Military Records