Clear Creek County, Colorado
Genealogy and Facts
Clear Creek County, Colorado family history and genealogy research page. Locate links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to help you you track your Clear Creek Co., ancestors. Get started by building a Free Family Tree.
Clear Creek County was founded on November 1, 1861 from Territory of Colorado. The county was named for Clear Creek which originates in the county..
The Clear Creek County Seat is situated in Georgetown and the county government website is http://www.co.clear-creek.co.us/
Places adjoining Clear Creek County happen to be Jefferson County (east), Gilpin County (northeast), Park County (south), Summit County (west), Grand County (northwest).
Cities and towns to be found in Clear Creek County include Downieville-Lawson-Dumont, Empire, Georgetown, Idaho Springs, Silver Plume, St. Mary's
Clear Creek County includes Federal Census Schedules to guide in exploring your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Clear Creek Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1870 and 1880. Clear Creek Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1870 and 1880. Clear Creek Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Clear Creek County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Clear Creek County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
Clear Creek County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Clear Creek County court, probate, and land documents as a source of family history and genealogy details. Buried away in Colorado courthouses and archives just about everywhere could be the dreams and worries of many Colorado citizens. The chances are great that your potential ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least several aspects of their lives in the Clear Creek County court records. Even if your forebears is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
Please make sure to contact the clerk's dept to determine hours, mailing address, fees and other facts before visiting or seeking information because of from time to time changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring private issues. A lot of employees will guide men and women in obtaining the materials, but it's up to the man or women to undertake the researching.
The below facts denotes what birth, marriage, death, property, probate, and courtroom records are located in Clear Creek County. The years suggested below tend to be the first widely known records for this particular county.
- Clear Creek County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 405 Argentine St, Georgetown, CO 80476
- Phone: (303) 569-3251
- Clear Creek County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Marriage Records: 1864
- Land Records: 1859
- Clear Creek County Clerk of Courts
- Probate Records: 1861
- Court Records: 1861
- Clear Creek County Public and Environmental Health
- Birth / Death Records: 1902–07; In County Archives in Georgetown.
- Colorado Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Colorado for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Clear Creek County Links
The following are links to Genealogy, Records and Resources related to Clear Creek County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own favorite Clear Creek County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Clear Creek Co. CO Books, Newspapers & Publications
Clear Creek Co. CO Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- See Also Statewide Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates in Colorado
- Order Hard Copies of Vital Records (archives.com)
- Colorado, County Marriages, 1864-1995 (familysearch.org)
- Colorado Divorce Records, Various Sources 1851 - 2004 (archives.com) Various Public Records Sources
- Colorado Marriage Records 1975 - 2004 (archives.com) Colorado State Public Record Offices
- Colorado, Statewide Divorce Index, 1900-1939 (familysearch.org) Colorado Department of Health card index of divorces in Colorado from 1900-1939. The index is arranged in alphabetical order.
- Colorado, Statewide Marriage Index, 1900-1939 (familysearch.org) Card index created by the Division of Vital Statistics, Department of Health in Colorado. The index is arranged alphabetically by groom's name providing county, names of husband and wife, age, race, date and place of marriage, certificate number.
- Social Security Death Index (search.ancestry.com)
Clear Creek Co. CO Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Clear Creek Co. CO Census Records
Clear Creek Co. CO Cemeteries & Graveyards
Clear Creek Co. CO Church & Bible Records
Clear Creek Co. CO Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Clear Creek Co. CO General and History Websites
Clear Creek Co. CO Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Clear Creek Co. CO Military Records
Clear Creek Co. CO Schools & Directories
- Colorado City Directories (search.ancestry.com) This database is a collection of city directories for various years and cities in Colorado. Generally a city directory will contain an alphabetical list of its citizens, listing the names of the heads of households, their addresses, and occupational information. Sometimes the wife's name will be listed in parentheses or italics following the husband's. Often, dates of deaths of individuals listed in the previous year's directory are listed as well as the names of partners of firms, and when possible, the forwarding addresses or post offices of people who moved to another town. In addition to the alphabetical portion, a city directory may also contain a business directory, street directory, governmental directory, and listings of town officers, schools, societies, churches, post offices, and other miscellaneous matters of general and local interest.
- The Colorado state business directory: 1876, 1879, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1887-8, 1889, 1890, 1894, 1896, 1899, 1900, 1901, 1903, 1906, 1909, 1910, 1920, 1921, 1923 (search.ancestry.com)