Boulder County, Colorado
Genealogy, History & Facts
Boulder County, Colorado Facts
When was Boulder County, CO Created?
Boulder County was established on November 1, 1861.
What is the County Seat of Boulder County, CO?
The County Seat is located in Boulder and the county government website is http://www.bouldercounty.org
What counties are adjacent to Boulder County, CO?
Bordering Counties are Larimer County, Weld County, City and County of Broomfield, Jefferson County, Gilpin County , Grand County.
Boulder County, CO Vital Records
Where can find Boulder County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Boulder County vital records can be found at the Colorado Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Colorado for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Boulder County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Colorado Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Boulder County, CO Census Records
What Boulder County, CO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Boulder County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Boulder Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1870 and 1880. Boulder Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1870 and 1880. Boulder Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Boulder County, CO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Boulder County, CO?
A list of Boulder County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Colorado Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Colorado Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- RAOGK Volunteers for Colorado (raogk.org)
- Colorado State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Boulder Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3246, Boulder CO 80307-3246
- Boulder Historical Society, 1206 Euclid Avenue, Boulder, CO 80302; Phone: (303) 449-3464
- Longmont Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 6081, Longmont, CO 80501-2077
- Longmont Heritage Association, 375 Kimbark St., Longmont, CO 80501-5524
- Palatines to America, Colorado Chapter, 4612 Hampshire St., Boulder, CO 80301-4211;Tel: 303-530-9525
- Boulder County, Colorado Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Boulder County, Colorado Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Boulder County (usgwarchives.net)
Boulder County, CO Courthouse and Government Records
Boulder County Courthouse
What genealogical records can I find in the Boulder County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Boulder County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Colorado courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Colorado residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Boulder County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Colorado Corthouse Records Research Guide.Boulder was called Jackson County when it was part of Jefferson Territory.
- Boulder County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 2020 13th st; PO Box 471, Boulder, CO 80302
- Boulder County Clerk & Recorder
- Marriage Records: 1864
- Land Records: 1864
- Boulder County Clerk of Courts
- Probate Records: 1864 ; Estate files from 1862 are housed at the Colorado State Archives.
- Court Records: 1864
- Boulder County Public Health
- Birth / Death Records: 1880–1909 / 1880–1903 ; City Hall in Boulder.
Where can I connect with other Boulder County, CO Researchers through message boards and forums?
What other genealogical resources are available in Boulder County, CO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Boulder County.
Boulder Co. CO Books, Newspapers & Publications
Boulder Co. CO Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- Colorado Marriages, 1859-1900 (search.ancestry.com) This database is a collection of marriage records from three counties in Colorado. Taken from microfilm copies of original county documents, each record provides spouses' names, marriage date, and county of residence. The database lists the names of more than 37,000 men and women. Records for Boulder County span from 27 June 1864 through 1900.
- Colorado Divorce Records, Various Sources 1851 - 2004 (archives.com) Various Public Records Sources
- Colorado Marriage Records 1975 - 2004 (archives.com) Colorado State Public Record Offices
- Colorado, Statewide Divorce Index, 1900-1939 (familysearch.org) Colorado Department of Health card index of divorces in Colorado from 1900-1939. The index is arranged in alphabetical order.
- Colorado, Statewide Marriage Index, 1900-1939 (familysearch.org) Card index created by the Division of Vital Statistics, Department of Health in Colorado. The index is arranged alphabetically by groom's name providing county, names of husband and wife, age, race, date and place of marriage, certificate number.
Boulder Co. CO Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Boulder Co. CO Census Records
Boulder Co. CO Cemeteries & Church Records
Boulder Co. CO Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Boulder Co. CO General and History Websites
Boulder Co. CO Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Boulder Co. CO Military Records
Boulder Co. CO Schools & Directories
- Colorado City Directories (search.ancestry.com) This database is a collection of city directories for various years and cities in Colorado. Generally a city directory will contain an alphabetical list of its citizens, listing the names of the heads of households, their addresses, and occupational information. Sometimes the wife's name will be listed in parentheses or italics following the husband's. Often, dates of deaths of individuals listed in the previous year's directory are listed as well as the names of partners of firms, and when possible, the forwarding addresses or post offices of people who moved to another town. In addition to the alphabetical portion, a city directory may also contain a business directory, street directory, governmental directory, and listings of town officers, schools, societies, churches, post offices, and other miscellaneous matters of general and local interest.
- Boulder County directory : issued September, 1896 (search.ancestry.com)
- Boulder city directory. (search.ancestry.com)
- The Colorado state business directory: 1876, 1879, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1885, 1887-8, 1889, 1890, 1894, 1896, 1899, 1900, 1901, 1903, 1906, 1909, 1910, 1920, 1921, 1923 (search.ancestry.com)